Wear Teal Day – April 20, 2017.
Teal is the color chosen to represent and raise awareness for sexual assault survivors. Wearing teal shows your support for victims of sexual violence and for those working to end violence in our homes, communities, and nation.
Thank you for your support!
Sexual Assault Statistics:
- Every 98 seconds, an American is sexually assaulted.
- Ages 12-34 are the highest risk years for rape and sexual assault.
- 1 in 6 American women has been the victim of attempted or completed rape in her lifetime.
- 1 in 10 rape victims are male.
- 18,900 military members experienced unwanted sexual contact in the fiscal year ending September, 2014
- An estimated 80,600 inmates each year experience sexual violence while in prison or jail.