Network of Victim Assistance (NOVA), a nonprofit organization in Jamison, PA serving victims of sexual assault and other crimes, seeks a part-time (25 hours per week) Administrative Assistant to join its Development team. This position will provide support for the Director of Community Relations and Development and contribute to the vitality of the organization by assisting in administrative tasks related to fundraising, grants management, and donor recognition activities. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for comprehensive database support and reporting for the annual fund, major and planned gifts, marketing, and communications for Network of Victim Assistance. The Administrative Assistant is a part of a high-performing team that together implements a comprehensive development program for the organization.
Database Administration and Management
- Coordinates all aspects of the database including: posting/acknowledging gifts, updating records, updating actions, generating reports, analyzing data, working with database vendor, implementing all import/export projects, and coordinating all data cleansing projects.
- Controls and maintains code tables including managing appeals, funds, campaigns and other system coding.
- Develops and maintains queries/exports for direct appeals, email campaigns, publications, events, and ad hoc projects.
- Collaborates with Director of Development and Community Relations to track and report on fundraising progress and donor trends.
- Organizes and monitors the annual calendar of grant proposal submissions and reports.
- Keeps relevant staff informed of pending deadlines and proposal/reporting needs to ensure timely preparation and submission of grants and reports.
- Ensures that the supporting materials for grants are kept up-to-date in the grants folder and assists the management team in compiling these materials to ensure timely submission of grant proposals.
General Development Support
- Performs general administrative duties, including processing gifts, preparing receipts and letters of acknowledgment, and maintaining current and accurate donor files.
- Assists in the coordination of general donor relation activities and mailings.
- Provides day-to-day administrative support for Director of Community Relations and Development.
- Assist, as needed, in special event planning and execution.
The ideal candidate will have 1 to 2 years of administrative experience (development experience a plus), solid writing skills, and strong computer and problem-solving skills. Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT a plus. Interested candidates, please send a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume to Angela McGettigan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEXUAL ASSAULT NURSE EXAMINER (SANE): Bucks County non-profit seeks Registered Nurses (RN) to act in the capacity of independent contractors to deliver specialized health care and forensic services at Bucks County emergency rooms to adults and adolescents who are victims of sexual assault. Responsibilities include providing on-call coverage for a minimum of 48 hours per month, attending periodic case review/staff meetings, and participation as needed in legal proceedings. Applicant must have at least one year of clinical experience, completed the 40 hour didactic SANE training course, be able to work both independently and as part of a team, have good oral and written communication skills, and possess good organizational skills. Salary schedule based on activity performed. Send cover letter and resume to Debbie@novabucks.org. AA/EOE.
General Employment Inquiries
If you are interested in joining the NOVA team, please submit a resume to email@example.com.
NOVA offers internships in a variety of areas in counseling, social work and criminal justice. These positions give students the opportunity to get practical experience in their field. Several interns have become employees of NOVA. If you are interested in an internship with our agency, please submit a resume, your interest area, and length of required internship to firstname.lastname@example.org.