NOTE: RESUMES WITHOUT COVER LETTERS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Agency: NOVA (Network of Victim Assistance) is the comprehensive victim services organization in Bucks County. With a 46-year history, NOVA has expanded to include a continuum of prevention and direct services to prevent and address the needs of victims of sexual abuse and other serious crimes. NOVA is known across many disciplines and the community at large for its exceptional services and professionalism. As a mature and fiscally sound organization, sustainability is key to our future success — serving all victims who need assistance, educating the community at large on violence prevention in our community, and providing top-ranked professional training.
Position: The Training Coordinator is responsible for developing, coordinating, and delivering high quality trainings to community stakeholders, clinicians, social service agencies and organizations as well as other professionals on the topics including but not limited to: trauma informed care; mandated reporting of child abuse; human trafficking; sexual assault; sexual harassment; abuse prevention; and other related crime victimization and prevention topics that align with NOVA’s mission, vision and goals.
Additional project coordination responsibilities include development of new trainings and materials, marketing, scheduling of trainings and staff trainers, and monitoring training effectiveness through data and outcomes. The Training Coordinator will develop trainings through collaboration with NOVA colleagues and their own education and experience as a clinician. Therefore, the ideal candidate will present with an education and training background as well as previous experience in a clinical setting. Trainings may be presented for small or large groups and may be delivered in person and via virtual settings (i.e., webinars).
Reports to the Director of Prevention and Training.
1. Conducts outreach and maintains collaborative relationships with organizational clients to promote training services.
2. Designs, develops, and updates training materials including PowerPoint presentations, manuals, web-based training modules, and participant evaluation forms and testing.
3. Utilizes adult learning principles and communication techniques to write effective curricula meeting high standards of quality.
4. Prepares for presentations (e.g. collecting films, handouts, materials, equipment, etc.).
5. Develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities and regularly monitors and reports results to manager, along with recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
6. Stay informed of training, development, learning materials, methods and techniques, learning technology and their possible application to current and planned training programs.
1. Commitment to NOVA’s mission and philosophy.
2. Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred in social work, counseling, women’s and gender studies, public health, or related graduate degree. Ideally possesses clinical license.
3. Multilingual preferred in languages predominantly spoken in Bucks County
4. Minimum of 2 years of related experience in developing and delivering trainings with preference given to individuals with trauma informed care certifications.
5. Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills, including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office.
6. Knowledge of online learning platforms; iSpring, Zoom, and GoToWebinar preferred.
7. The capacity to work some evenings and weekends to fulfil training requests.
8. Experience as a training facilitator with extensive knowledge of the following principles:
• Understanding of best practice for adult learning and facilitation of interactive learning experiences
• Effective use of group facilitation techniques: icebreaker activities, group energizer strategies, humor and stories that increase learner engagement
• Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills:
• Effective use of vocal skills in conducting training, use of vocal tone and volume as a communication tool
• Intentional use of non-verbal communication to establish rapport with the audience and facilitate learning
• Effective use of presentation materials to support learning goals
• Effective use of audiovisual technology as a supporting tool for learning
9. Meet all required clearances for employment (Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse Clearance, etc.).
Competitive salary and excellent benefits. Excellent benefits include exceptional health and dental coverage, accruing three weeks Paid Time Off your first year plus 11 holidays, a Profit-Sharing Pension Plan and 401K after one year, and many more.
Please submit your application with a cover letter telling us why you are the person for this job, salary requirements, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Training Coordinator AA/EOE.