NOVA (Network of Victim Assistance), a community-based 501(c)3, is the comprehensive victim services organization in Bucks County. With a 46-year history, NOVA has expanded to include a continuum of prevention and direct services to prevent and address the needs of victims of sexual abuse and other serious crimes. Establishing sustainability is key to our future success — serving all victims who need assistance, reducing personal violence through education, and advancing the field.
Fulltime Sales Associate
The NOVA Thrift Shop, located on 313, just minutes north of Doylestown, is a friendly and fun place with 7500 SF of retail space. The Thrift Shop is the 3rd most significant revenue source to NOVA and supports programs, including our child abuse prevention programs and the Children’s Advocacy Center.
The Sales Associate will be joining a dedicated and hardworking team of 9 staff and over 70 volunteers who are passionate about NOVA’s mission. The Sales Associate will assist in all tasks related to the following: sales of merchandise, setting up merchandise displays, receiving and processing donations including the triaging, working as a cashier, and assisting volunteers with check-out. All staff participates in general everyday straightening and clean-up.
This position reports to the Thrift Shop Manager.
COVID – NOVA adheres to the CDC guidelines for retail establishments and orders of the Governor of Pennsylvania and the Secretary of Health. The Thrift Shop reopened in June and has been very successful at maintaining all recommendations and state health department orders.
- A commitment to supporting NOVA’s mission and vision.
- Experience working in retail. 1-2 years preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A positive, outgoing, flexible, friendly, and energetic person who takes the initiative!
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and stand on feet for multiple hours.
- Must have the ability to lift 40 pounds and carry 30 pounds unassisted.
- Meet all required clearances for employment (PA Child Abuse Clearance, Criminal Record Check, FBI clearance).
- Experience working as a volunteer in a community organization a plus.
- Strong verbal and organizational skills a plus.
This position is a permanent fulltime, 37.5 hours per week hourly position. Excellent benefits include a competitive wage, exceptional health, and dental coverage, accruing three weeks Paid Time Off your first year plus holidays, a Profit Sharing Pension Plan, and 401K after one year. NOVA is an AA/EOE organization.
Hours of Operation: The shop is open for retail 7-days per week. Retail hours are 10 am to 5 pm Monday-Saturday, and Sunday12 noon – 5 pm.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject Line: Sales Associate
Deadline for submission: September 10, 2020